Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Youth (Alle Farben Remix) - Daughter #midweektune


It's Wednesday.

My head's feeling a little fuzzy just thinking about home. New places are exciting; but at the same time exhausting. No I'm not sick of this place yet, in fact I love it. A week ago I was out for a run at night and just crossed Flinders Street station and just stopped to have my hand put over the clock on the front of the station from my view. It's so surreal. I'm here.

I'm right here, in front of this beautiful place I've always wanted to see and be in.

But really, there are points in times you just heave a sigh of something... No it isn't relief but I know it's just something else. Still just trying to figure out what that was supposed to be. That's just life isn't it? You think about something, you don't get answers all the time and you try to search for it. If it's within your reach, congratulations then. If it isn't, you might just end up spending an entire lifetime in search of... something.

Confusing idea this is but I guess we all just end up in circles when we can't come to terms with our minds and hearts. Life is cruel in that sense but I guess it gets you going, to constantly challenge yourself and not be held back in time by a moment you can never have, again.

I think this song makes up my swirly Wednesday.

If you like what you heard, check out more from Daughter on their site here. Daughter is an English indie folk band from London that started out in 2010. It was originally the solo work of Elena Tonra (lead singer now) and is now a trio with guitarist Igor Haefeli and drummer, Remi Augilella.

No comments:

Post a Comment